Monday, September 27, 2004

Valley Fair

We went to Valley Fair yesterday. I won't explain why, because it
doesn't matter. The important thing is that I was able to do my civic
duty.


We were walking along, minding our own business, when I noticed
some suspicious behavior. There was a group of people - they
appeared to be Arab - and they were definitely acting out of the
ordinary. They were congregating in a group, they were taking
pictures, and they were talking to each other in a language I
didn't understand
. I'm pretty sure it was Arabic.


Of course I was scared. What could they be plotting? So I did the
only thing that an American could do. I used my cell phone and called
911. I told them that there was a group of shifty Arabs acting
suspiciously. I told them that they had set down a bundle, which I was
sure contained explosives. Yes, I was worried for my life, and for my
family's safety, but if I didn't make the call, who would?


It didn't take long for security to come. Guns were drawn, the
police were shouting at the Arabs, making them line up against the
wall with their hands behind their heads. The women and children, too
(can you imagine the audacity of terrorists, bringing their women and
children along with them?). In the chaos, I saw at least one man's
camera thrown to the ground and smashed - at least some pictures won't
be going back to Al Quada to provide them with information to
perpetuate their horrific plans of terror. The suspicious bag was
searched - it looked like a diaper bag (will they stop at
nothing?).


We continued on after a while, knowing that we were, for a little
while at least, safe from the diabolical scheming of the enemies of
freedom. Maybe they weren't terrorists, but in this day and age you
can never be too safe. I did what I felt was right. I did what every
American should do. I slept well last night.


No comments: