Friday, September 10, 2004

An evil idea for Mean Mr. Mustard

Partway through the NFL season, send out an email to all CDFFL participants:

I regret to inform all of you that CDFFL is on the brink of extinction. Due to [factors beyond my control / the price of tea in China / my complete and utter feeling of apathy towards football], I will be unable to continue my duties as CDFFL commissioner.

CDFFL will die [after Week 9 / in two weeks / today]. Unless...

Unless one of you is willing to accept responsibility for it. I will, of course, provide transition assistance (for a nominal fee) to whomever steps up to the plate. I am not an unreasonable man. So, in order for CDFFL to live, I need a volunteer by [the end of Week 8 / a week from today / 4:00 today].

Thank you so much for your time,
Mean Mr. Mustard

It's what I would do.

1 comment:

Scooter said...

I'll miss it.