Saturday, September 11, 2004

This is why you can't trust polls

Ring! Ring!

Me: Hello?
Her: Hello, may I speak to Mr. Lund, please?
Me: Um, this is Mr. Lund.
Her: Hi, I'm calling from [unintelligible], would I be able to ask you a few questions?
Me: Oh, sure.
Her: Do you consider yourself a Republican or a Democrat?
Me: What do you consider yourself?
Her: Excuse me?
Me: Are you Republican or Democrat?
Her: I'm Independent.
Me: Then I'm Independent, too!
Her: OK. Do you support Howard Swenson or Ruth Johnson for State Representative?
Me: Which one is taller?
Her: Um...
Me: I bet Howard is taller. I'm for Howard What'sHisName.
Her: OK. Which of these issues is most important to you: [lists some issues]? Or all of the above?
Me: Ooh, I know this one - all of the above.
Her: Do you consider yourself pro-choice or pro-life?
Me: Both.
Her: Thank you very much. Have a nice day.
Me: Bye.

Click.

No comments: