Monday, January 24, 2005

Surprise!

So this weekend we watched two movies: Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! (RottenTomatoes rating: 53%), and Collateral (RottenTomatoes rating: 85%). Now, I don't claim to be on the cutting edge of art and culture, like some people, so my views are probably not worth the pixels they're displayed on. Regardless, I thought that WaDwTH! was easily a better, more entertaining movie than Collateral. Of course, once I admit to having a man-crush on Topher Grace (who has an uncanny resemblance to Bjarki Steinn Traustason), this entire post makes much more sense.

3 comments:

Scooter said...

So you did or did not like Collateral? I enjoyed it, but parts of it seemed very formulaic - I was strongly reminded of something I'd seen or read, but couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was. We watched Audition this weekend at my house, #11 on the Bravo list of 100 scariest movies (which is how we heard about it) - I strongly recommend against watching it right before bed or with the children. It's primarily about sexual politics in Japan which is apparently very very scary (well, mostly very very gross).

The San Jose paper says it's "Like a swan dive into a pool of spikes and razor wire."

klund said...

I thought Collateral was OK, but not nearly as good as I'd been led to believe by the reviews. I rate it a 62. Win a Date gets a 71. Not spectacular, of course, but better than expected.

PTW said...

Be snarky all you like, but I'd give Point Break Live! a good 95, mostly for creative use of snow in a play about surfing.