Thursday, December 09, 2004

Assistance Needed

I need assistance coming up to the answer to a problem that has
been nagging at me lately: Why do people like me?

As far as I can tell, it's an inescapable fact. People like me.
However, I can't figure out why the hell that would be. Let's review:
I'm not a nice person, I have a complete and utter lack of tact
(remember the "cripple" comment?), I'm an arrogant bastard, I have no
moral code to speak of, I'm lazy and selfish, I don't like people,
and, in general, I'm an asshole.

So why would people like me? I've come up with a few possible answers:


  1. My amazing intellect. People are so impressed by how smart I am
    that they overlook my shortcomings.
  2. My dashing good looks. Beautiful people always get the benefit of the doubt.
  3. My rapier sharp wit. When I'm being a boorish ass, people just cut
    me slack and assume that it's another example of my incredible sense
    of humor.
  4. My undefinable quality. Despite everything else, I just have the
    ability to "come off well."

So, what do you think the answer is? Help me solve this problem
before I inadvertantly brighten another person's day.

2 comments:

MeanMrMustard said...

Beyond your wit, you're completely lacking in redeeming qualities. But what a wit! If ever oh ever a wit there was ...

Scooter said...

Mean Mr. Mustard threatened to not be my friend if I didn't like you too. Ming would be more of a friend if you hadn't shot him in the head with a paint ball pellet - even Mr. Mustard's threats to demote him can't overcome that little episode. As for Brad, he probably likes you because you're an oddity - you don't look like the top of someone's head.