Friday, September 03, 2004

Did I mention...

Have I told you about my near death experience climbing Everest? It
was back in my early 20's, when I thought I could do anything. When I
arrived at the base camp, I ran into a Sherpa. He asked if I needed
any help scaling the giant mountain. "Who, me?" Ha! I could do it all
by myself. "All I need from you, good friend," I told the jovial
native, "is to point me in the right direction."

He looked at me and said, "See that big mountain there? That's it. Are
you sure you don't need anything?"

I ignored him and headed off. It had always been a dream of mine to
scale the beast. It was something that I needed to do. In a way, it
was kind of like my own Everest.

Oh wait, it was Everest.

Regardless, I set off. It was a beautiful day, and I was eager to
begin. I left the base camp, shook my fist at the bohemoth, and began
my ascent.

Just as I was beginning, two hikers came up behind me. "Dude," one
began, "why are you wearing shorts and sandals?"

I casually noticed their apparrel. They seemed prepared for cold
weather
! I then realized that it was actually kind of chilly.

So I went home.

1 comment:

MeanMrMustard said...

Another close call for the Kevinator. Thank goodness you were wearing socks with your sandals.