Monday, June 20, 2005

Father's Day

We had a very nice Father's Day, and one that Scooter should appreciate. We (myself, my dad, my grandfather and my brother, along with our significant others and children) went to New Ulm to go on the Schell's brewery tour. It's short and simple, which is good when one member of the party is a couple months removed from knee replacement surgery. And you definitely recoup your $2 entrance fee in the taphouse afterward. We finished up the brewery tour with a trip to Happy Joe's pizza. Ah, Happy Joe's pizza...

Pizza and beer - it's easy to please fathers.

3 comments:

Scooter said...

Mmm...Schell's tour. It's been a while - I sort of begged off the Bockfest because it's been so crowded the last few years. My goal was to create my own backyard bockfest, but I didn't find the time with my current project and all. I should start planning.

Did your dad and grandfather enjoy the tour? It's a really nice brewery because it's sort of mix of modern and old brewing methods.

BiggTree said...

Did you go up the hill and visit Herman the German?

klund said...

(klund responds to a question 6 days after it's asked)

My father and grandfather both really enjoyed the tour. We heard a story about when those two, my father's older brother and their wives went to the Hamm's brewery. It nearly ended with three divorces. Our trip was much more subdued.

(now klund responds to a more recent question)

No, I did not visit Herman. I will not subject myself to Nazi propaganda.